Is my soon-to-be-released novel, Voice, erotica?
Is it mainstream?
Or a paranormal romance?
Truth be told, it’s a little of all of the above. Which is fine…but doesn’t help marketing. You see, I have to pick a genre in order to release the book. You usually get a main and secondary descriptor you can pick. And the various platforms are slightly different, but I think what I’m going to have to do is make “erotica” one of the choices, because of some of the obvious content—and to properly alert readers—then select a sub descriptor, such as “Fiction” or “Psychological.” If “mainstream” is in there, and I can also get “erotica,” that is what I’ll do.
This is a novel that can truly have a greater reach than everything else I’ve previously written. It’s not hard paranormal as it is generally considered…and it’s not traditional romance. It is a psychological story to be sure. And as far as “visionary fiction”…well, there’s definitely some of that in there, too. But it’s a story about son’s failed relationship with his father…and how it has affected his life…and his relationships.
It’s a story about love.
- Voice—An Erotic Tale of Nonphysical Love (fpdorchak.wordpress.com)
- You CAN Judge a Book by its Cover (thecockeyedpessimist.blogspot.com)
- The Pink Elephant in the Room (fpdorchak.wordpress.com)
- Update on WIP: Second Set of Comments In! (fpdorchak.wordpress.com)
- Update on WIP: First Comments In! (fpdorchak.wordpress.com)
- Update on WIP: Out For Proofing (fpdorchak.wordpress.com)
- Surrendering To The Role (fpdorchak.wordpress.com)
- My Short-Lived Modeling Career (fpdorchak.wordpress.com)
- What I’m Working On For 2015 (fpdorchak.wordpress.com)
- Unearthing the Bones (fpdorchak.wordpress.com)
- Wailing Loon (fpdorchak.wordpress.com)