I love driving at night.
I’d written a post about a particular night drive I’d taken years ago, when I was 27. It was a mystical cross-country drive I’d taken solo. My last such solo drive was from Wyoming to Colorado in November of 2015.
I’d taken this photo this past weekend as my wife and I returned from visiting family up north of us and were driving through Denver. I love the look and feel of this image. The lights of the buildings in the distance. Love the in-the-moment perspective.
Love the dark.
I love how my thoughts turn waaay inward in the night. I love the feel of the road. The passing of the night as I (we) plow on through it…are enveloped by it. Love how the imagination comes out in full force in the absence of light. Wonder where those lights in the distance are coming from and what’s going on at or around them.
Don’t get me wrong—I love daylight and all things associated with it! I’m not a Goth anything…I am a fan of both light and darkness. But…
Yeah, I really love driving at night….
- My First Nikon Camera Class (fpdorchak.wordpress.com)
- White Rock – Garden of the Gods – and Time (fpdorchak.wordpress.com)
- Happy Monday (fpdorchak.wordpress.com)
- Photography (fpdorchak.wordpress.com)
- Bird Watching (fpdorchak.wordpress.com)
- Snowplow (fpdorchak.wordpress.com)
- Branches (fpdorchak.wordpress.com)
- Night Drive (fpdorchakrealitycheck.wordpress.com)